Sunday, October 26, 2014

#3 Google Syntax

This week we learned about Google Syntax and below I'd list some examples of them:

1. Search for an exact word or phrase - "search"
"Halloween Costumes" - About 106,000,000 results
2. Search within a site or domain - site: 
halloween costumes site:ebay.com - About 496,000 results 
3. Search for pages that are similar to a URL - related:
related:topshop.com - About 28 results
4. Search for a specific file format - filetype:
halloween filetype:ppt - About 7,540 results
5. Search for pages that link to a URL - link:
link:youtube.com - About 4,610 results
So honestly, I find this quite embarrassing that I just knew about Google Syntax recently, but I think this'd make our "research" on google way easier and faster. And I'm not complaining about that, too! ;)

-G

1 comment: